4 April 2019

Mind the gap again.....

Is it too late to do the "Happy New Year" thing? 

I seem to have been absent a while.  But, hey, let's carry on with some random ramblings while I wait to see why "Tow away" signs and "No Parking" cones have been liberally scattered around the close.

I'm back to checking what I've done before and still find the odd mistake.  Thanks to the GRO online index of births including the mother's maiden name I have been able to find a few missing children: I like to match up the number of offspring with the info given on the 1911 census.

Yesterday's discovery included two new "Staden descendants" children and my favourite 1911 occuupation of the year so far:- "cinema ice cream salesman".  How good is that?  And, even better, it was a man.

Onwards....

No comments: