26 November 2019

Not to mention...... Purely Pates

My Pates' come from Biggleswade in Bedfordshire but, given the way my mind jumps about, you won't be surprised to hear that I want to find more of them.

I've seen a number of them in Luton, practically just down the road so that's where my digits have been walking for the last week or so.  In this endeavour I'm using the "shooting fish in a barrel" approach of building the tree on Ancestry and, accordingly, finding quite a few.

The main problem I have with this is that I don't really take in the information; mostly when I search for family I transcribe the info into one of many notebooks and thus, for some reason, the details will mostly stay in my brain for a while.  I'm trying to help myself by scribbling out rough "trees"...!

Plus, unusually for me, I'm really only taking notice of the male of the species.  I justify this because I'm doing a quick'n'dirty version really of a one-name study, to see if I can link the Pates name from Biggleswade to Luton.  If I can then I will go back and fill the dates in properly; if not, then I will file the info away for another time.

More soon.

No comments: