19 November 2012

Check and check.....

There’s been a little bit of a gap since I last was here so I’ll cover my embarrassment with more embarrassment…


Having received an email from someone who taken the trouble to look at my website, I thought I’d better look at that side of the family before I replied.  And that’s where the embarrassment came in…

Not only did I have children who were born in one place in London with a birth registration in a district the other side of the river, I also had completely the wrong name for their mother!  And, unsurprisingly, completely the wrong marriage registration as well.  Oops…

Today, to take my mind off the above, I took a bus trip to Peterborough with the principal aim of finding the library and archives; Peterborough being an independent state these days within the northern boundary of Cambridgeshire.  Quite a long trip and, yet again, I almost got lost in the shopping centre but I was quite clear about how to find the library!  Looks like a useful Archives office and easy to get to so, a bit of research, and I shall return…

More soon

No comments: