20 October 2019

RANDOMNESS

Nothing really about genealogy in this post except, perhaps, a small touch of Norwegian Royal Family history.......

I've been watching a film on the BBC iPlayer called "The King's Choice" about King Haakon of Norway and what happened when the Nazis invaded in 1940.  They were not, of course, the only family affected and, indeed, their royal cousins around Europe undoubtedly had similar problems; but I'd never really thought about it before.  For the record, I am no ardent Royalist.

I've read about how the various Royal families escaped to the UK or the USA as the Nazis made their way across Europe but it was always reported in a single sentence.  This film showed the process  involved and the decisions which had to be made.  It's a responsibility most fortunately denied to me but it was a most moving and tense film.

More soon.

No comments: