2 May 2009

Near & Far

Today's most prominent anniversary is the marriage of Millice Campbell Culpin & Naomi Fordham at St James', Hemingford Grey, in 1864.  However, I notice that this pair, my great-great-grandparents, have had a fair bit of exposure in this blog already so I'll say no more about them today and move on, instead, to a newbie.

John Cherry was my g-g-g-uncle and was born today in Biggleswade, Beds, in 1797.  The second of six children of Thomas and Sarah (nee Bennington), he was christened at St Andrew's Church later the same year, returning to the said church in 1819 to marry Ann Pair.  In the course of the next 20 years, they begat a mere 13 (thirteen) children, all of whom appeared to have survived into adulthood.  The last appearance, so far, of John & Ann was in the 1851 census when they lived in Palace Street in Biggleswade.  I must look at them afresh.

And finally for today . . . the "far" of the title is Elizabeth Bullard, my second cousin four times removed, who was married today in Godmanchester, Hunts, to Joseph Allen.  Alas, I don't know a lot about this couple, other than that Joseph was a shoemaker and they had a son called Harry.  Another name of the "look again" list.

More soon.

No comments: